Table of Contents
Pomeranians are inquisitive dogs with smooth, silky coats who are noted for their playfulness. Poms need to be brushed a couple of times every week and bathed around twice a month to keep their fur in top shape. Although the Pom sheds little to nothing if at all, its coat is an ideal trap for dirt and odors.
Bathing on a regular basis is essential for a Pomeranian’s health. Although many pet owners take their Pomeranian to a professional groomer once a month or so, bathing your dog at home is certainly achievable and cheap. In this article, I show you how to find the best dog shampoo for your Pomeranian based on my experience and significant study.
What Are the Advantages of Using Dog Shampoo to Bath Your Pomeranian?
Poms’ coats must be groomed on a regular basis to keep them looking healthy and bright. Human shampoo may damage and dry up your dog’s skin, so always use a dog shampoo when bathing them. The following are some of the advantages of bathing your Pom with an excellent dog shampoo:
- Removes junk and knots from your Pom’s coat: A Pomeranian’s coat has a tendency to attract debris. Bath your Pom on a regular basis with a good dog shampoo to remove bacteria and dirt from their coat. Leaving dirt on your pet’s coat may cause knots and matting.
- It whitens your pup’s coat: If your Pom has a beautiful white coat, you can restore it with a whitening shampoo. Tear stains, which are extremely common in this breed, can also be cleaned and removed with a whitening shampoo.
- Hydrate and moisturize your Pomeranian’s skin with a high-quality dog shampoo. Throughout the winter, dry skin is very common; however, a decent dog shampoo and conditioner can help restore moisture.
- Gets rid of itching: Does your Pomeranian have allergies? Is their skin naturally itchy and dry? There are dog shampoos that have a combination of chemicals that target itching, irritation, and redness. Bathing your Pomeranian is going to make them feel a lot better and prevent them from scratching their skin.
- Removes odor: Perhaps your Pom spent the day playing in the yard and discovered something stinky to roll in. The removal of unpleasant odors is an evident advantage of bathing your Pom with a suitable dog shampoo. No more stinky dog odors; a good dog shampoo leaves your dog smelling fresh and clean.
The Five Best Pomeranian Shampoo and Conditioner Products on the Market
If you’re looking for the best dog shampoos and conditioners for Pomeranian puppy and adults dogs, make sure to have a look at the following:
- Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo and Conditioner – High Quality
- Veterinary Formula Solutions Snow White Whitening Shampoo for Dogs
- Earthbath 2-in-1 Mango Tango Conditioning Dog Shampoo
- Burt’s Bees Puppy 2-in-1 Shampoo – Cheapest
- Zesty Paws Oatmeal and Aloe Vera Dog Shampoo
Let’s take a look at the best shampoo for Pomeranians in further detail:
Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo and Conditioner
To give your Pom a spa-like wash, this calming shampoo and conditioner is made with a unique combination of cosmetic-grade chemicals. Pure plant extracts, as well as other natural conditioners such as aloe, sage, and rosemary smooth your Pom’s fluffy coat. You don’t have to worry about your dog’s skin drying out because the coconut-based shampoo is alcohol and soap-free.
This Buddy Wash dog shampoo has a two-in-one conditioning formula, which saves you money and eliminates an unnecessary step during wash time. The shampoo has a relaxing mint and lavender scent that is going to make your Pom smell great. Buddy Wash lathers easily, according to dog owners, making it simple to massage into a puppy’s coat with fluffy or long hair. This high-quality shampoo is cruelty-free and created in the United States.
A few of my favorite elements about this product for Poms with sensitive skin are:
- It contains a two-in-one conditioning formula
- It doesn’t contain any soap or alcohol
- The wheat protein in the shampoo acts as a natural deodorant.
- There is aloe which combats itchy skin.
Veterinary Formula Solutions Snow White Whitening Shampoo for Dogs
If you have a brilliant white Pomeranian, you might have noticed that keeping their coat clean is difficult. Veterinary Formula Solutions’ whitening shampoo cleans your Pom with optical brighteners, green tea extract, and vitamin E. When used as indicated, the gentle cleanser removes dinginess and yellow discoloration off your Pomeranian. The shampoo is pH calibrated to meet all of your Pom’s demands, and it doesn’t wash away flea and tick treatments.
This whitening shampoo is made in the United States and contains neither bleach nor peroxide. If your Pomeranian has black or other colorful areas of fur, don’t fret; this shampoo isn’t going to bleach them. The aroma of this product is nice and lasts a long time, according to other Pomeranian owners.
A few of the key benefits of this product include:
- Cleans and brightens drab and fading coats.
- Instead of peroxide or bleach, optical brighteners are used.
- Treatments for fleas and ticks are not going to be washed away.
- Contains a citrus and blue coral scent.
Earthbath 2-in-1 Mango Tango Conditioning Dog Shampoo
Your Pomeranian’s coat is going to be manageable and scented like tropical mangos after using this Earthbath dog shampoo. The two-in-one conditioning shampoo untangles your Pom’s coat and brings it back to its former glory. It removes any unpleasant odors that your dog may have collected on their travels, so get ready for a toasty cuddling session after bath time!
Earthbath dog shampoo is safe for puppies over the age of six weeks. To ensure quality and safety, it is free of phosphate and parabens. In addition, this shampoo is completely biodegradable. Outside of this Earthbath mix, an additional conditioner is not required because Poms have bouncy, gorgeous fur. It includes everything you need to properly groom your spoiled pooch.
What are the main selling points when it comes to this product for your dog’s sensitive skin? These are my top qualities:
- It makes use of a conditioning formula that helps detangle your pup’s coat.
- There are no parabens and phosphates.
- It is appropriate for all dogs over six weeks old.
- The product has a luxurious mango scent
Burt’s Bees Puppy 2-in-1 Shampoo
Burt’s Bees puppy shampoo is recommended for those lively Pom puppies. To provide a safe and soothing bath, this tearless product is formulated with 97 percent natural components. The combination of linseed oil and buttermilk softens and conditions your puppy’s coat. There are no colorants or sulfates in Burt’s Bees puppy shampoo. It’s also pH-balanced for pups and cruelty-free in the United States.
Zesty Paws Oatmeal and Aloe Vera Dog Shampoo
If your Pomeranian is suffering from itchy, inflamed skin, this Zesty Paws anti-itch oatmeal and aloe vera shampoo may help. It contains oats, vitamin E, aloe vera, almond extract, and quinoa among other soothing components. Oatmeal relieves itching while also leaving a wet protective layer on your dog’s skin to nurture it. Hot spots are neutralized by vitamins C and E, while aloe vera soothes damaged skin with antibacterial and antifungal effects. This dog shampoo from Zesty Paws has a subtle vanilla aroma.
Tips for Pomeranian Owners
To give your Pom a thorough wash, use the following tips:
- Brush your Pom’s coat to eliminate any mats, knots, or tangles in his or her fur before placing them in the water. A Pomeranian has a dense coat, and if mats aren’t pulled out before bath time, they might get worse.
- If you’re using a standalone conditioner instead of a two-in-one, make sure you’re applying it sparingly. If you use too much conditioner, your dog’s coat might become greasy, flaky, and heavy.
- Always massage the shampoo into your Pomeranian’s coat thoroughly. Massage the shampoo into your dog’s coat, all the way down to your Pom’s skin, with your fingertips. Because the undercoat tends to collect the majority of debris, it’s critical that you wash it out.
- If your Pom is frightened, use positive reinforcement when bathing them. Treats might help your Pomeranian stay focused throughout bath time, and it’s also a good idea to reinforce good behavior.
- When your Pom gets out of the bath, have a warm towel ready to dry them off. Before using a blow dryer (ideally warm), make sure they’re completely dry with a towel.
The Best Shampoo for the Best Pooch
Have you found the best shampoo for your Pom’s skin? The Pomeranian has a distinct appearance that necessitates frequent grooming. Brushing this breed a couple of times a week and bathing it around twice a month is recommended. Each of the dog shampoos on my list is dependable and trustworthy. Furthermore, each is a good choice if you choose to bathe your Pomeranian at home.
It’s time to say goodbye to that wet dog smell and hello to a healthy coat. Shiny is always in, and your Pomeranian puppy is about to love you even more for helping them get rid of their dry skin.